Win £500 cash with Lion Yard´s Mastermind Competition!
29th April 2009
Lion Yard Shopping Centre and the Cambridge News are giving one lucky Cambridge resident the opportunity to win £500 cash to spend on whatever they please in Lion Yard’s Mastermind competition.
To be in with a chance of getting your hands on £500 simply answer our 6 questions correctly and you could be one of our 4 finalists being invited to Lion Yard’s Mastermind Event taking place at the Centre on Friday 29th May. Finalists will then battle it out for the grand prize and the opportunity to become Lion Yard’s very own Mastermind!
Laurie Cripps, Centre Manager at Lion Yard commented: “This is a great opportunity to take part in an exciting event and win a fabulous cash prize.”
Just think what you could be doing with £500! Go on a shopping spree, pay off your credit card or take a well earned holiday. The choice is yours!
To take part in Lion Yard’s Mastermind, answer the following 6 questions correctly and tell us which one of our categories listed would be your chosen specialist subject:
1. Cambridge resident, Nancy Wilkinson was the first winner of BBC’s Mastermind quiz. Which year was she crowned champion?
2. Which South American country has the greatest land area?
3. Where on the human body would a traditional Japanese geta be worn?
4. Beta-carotene, first isolated from carrots in 1831, is the most important source of which vitamin?
5. Benidorm and Alicante are situated on which of the Spanish ´costas´?
6. Discovered in 1930, which object in the Solar System lost its status as a planet when reclassified in 2006?
Now tell us which of the following categories would be your chosen specialist subject (please choose one only):
• British TV Quiz shows
• Films of 2008
• Sport in 2008
• Music - Number 1s of 2008
• Famous people from Cambridge
Email your answers and chosen category along with your name, address and daytime contact telephone number to:
or post to:
Lion Yard’s Mastermind Competition
c/o PMW, Stane Court, Stane Street, Billingshurst RH14 9HP
Closing date for entries is Friday 15th May 2009.
Terms and conditions apply.